The Product Development Assistant’s primary responsibilities are to facilitate the development process of our apparel product line. This role is to support the Senior Designer, primarily through costing packages, trim detail information, and sourcing of product for our lines. This position is in San Francisco headquarters.
- Submit costing tech packs to production manager complete and on time
- Manage development and execution of trim packages
- Note any construction issues or fit call outs that may need to be updated
- Update sketches
- Work with designer on prioritizing onsite sample production
- Execute samples and cad boards as requested by sales or customers
- Submit fabric/color set ups to fabric department
- Keep design area clean and organize fabrics
- Work with designer on trim development
- Work on line sheets as directed by designer/sales
- Technical knowledge of knit and/or woven apparel construction
- Knowledge of fabric and trim
- AA or Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or comparable program
- Previous experience in the apparel industry a plus
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Computer skills and knowledge of excel a must. PLM experience a plus.
- Proficiency in adobe Photoshop and Illustrator a plus but not mandatory
Byer California has been an industry leader in Apparel manufacturing since 1964 and offers a competitive benefits package.
email us at email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time